Goal of ESL program:
To enable limited English proficient students to become competent in the comprehension, speaking, reading, and composition of the English language through the integrated use of second language methods. The English as a second language program shall emphasize the mastery of English language skills, mathematics, science and social studies, as an integral part of the academic goals for all students to enable limited English proficient students to participate equitably in school.
Texas Education Agency Website
Go to TEA website, www.tea.state.tx.us for state rules, regulations, updates and testing concerning English language learners.
Resources / Links
- Texas Education Agency (TEA) Bilingual Division
- The Center for Applied Linguistics
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- The National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition
- U. S. Department of Education-Office of English Language Acquisition
- Second Language Acquisition